PENDING - Occupational Health and Safety Programs for IBC and IACUC Administrators - NEBSA 2020
The Biosafety Administrators Association
The number two concern identified during AAALAC visits is associated with the Occupational Health and Safety Program (OHSP) for animal users (Denver, BP meeting AAALAC update – 2019). At least twenty-two percent of the time problems associated with personal protection, workplace risk assessment and inclusivity were discovered.
Occupational Health and Safety Programs for IBC and IACUC Administrators
The Biosafety Administrators Association (BSAA) was founded to continue the facilitation of Best Practice meetings. These meetings began in 2012, and they provide attendees training and opportunities to share ideas and best practices.
On February 25, 2020, an IBC and IACUC Professionals Meeting will be held in Waltham, MA. Meeting attendance is limited to 50 Biosafety and/or IACUC administrative professionals, so please follow the link below to register and secure your spot.
The Biosafety and IACUC Professionals Meeting is designed to highlight the overlap of important regulations governing both biosafety and animal care and use. The program includes comprehensive discussions on the safety review of IACUC protocols, and the regulatory oversight of animal care and use OHSPs. Case studies are also used to help identify and apply best practices for the integration of biosafety and animal care and use OHSPs. Through open discussion, meeting attendees provide insight, guidance, and/or suggestions for enhancing an institution’s biosafety and export compliance programs.
Additional meeting details:
*Current potential agenda topics:
- Identifying the Primary Regulatory Documents
- Identifying and Understanding the Role of Biosafety in Animal Care and Use Programs
- Planning, Establishing and Overseeing an OHSP for Animal Users - defining the necessary partnerships (e.g., EHS, IBCs, Occupational Medicine, and IACUCs) and each unit’s role at institutions – who does what?
- Personal Medical Evaluation Forms and the Process
- The Components of an OHSP Training Program
- Understanding Containment Levels
- Exposure Control Methods
- Institutional Oversight
- Identifying and Assessing Animal Care and Use Program (ACUP) Associated Hazards
Children’s Waltham Deveber Conference Room, WLB110
9 Hope Avenue
Waltham, MA 02453
|Biosafety Administrators Association Members' Rate||$ 175.00|
|Non-Members' Rate||$ 375.00|