About Biosafety Administrators Best Practice Meetings
Best Practice (BP) meetings provide individuals the opportunity to identify, share and discuss best practices that are used to satisfying compliance responsibilities associated with organization biosafety programs. During BP meetings, individuals representing programs from across the country present materials and facilitate discussions on best practices used by their organizations to satisfy the regulatory requirements.
Meeting attendees initiate discussion and related activities by presenting background information, that’s based on the best practices used by their organization, on a topic of interest (e.g. the Risk Assessment Process). Presentations typically identify a topic then discuss associated complications, how the concerns were resolved, and the advantages and disadvantages of an employed best practice. The brief presentation is followed by an open discussion and related activities that involve all participants who provide insight, guidance, or suggestions.
Who attends Best Practice Meetings?
The first meeting was held in State College, PA in 2012. The meeting size is typically limited to 60 attendees to ensure everyone is able to engage in discussion and provide their own point of view. The goal is to establish an environment that maximizes networking and discussion opportunities. In the past, approximately 85% of attendees are from academia, 10% from industry and 5% from government agencies.
Top 5 reasons to attend the Best Practice Meetings
- Meet your colleagues, put faces to names, and build lasting professional relationships!
- Network with peers and establish connections you can turn to for advice and information.
- The BP meeting is focused on efficient and effective practices for satisfying regulatory concerns.
- The BP meeting is designed to focus discussion on the practical aspects of managing compliant and successful programs
Currently we hold at least one meeting per year, and the agenda is developed after receiving suggestions from those registering for the meeting. The intent is to ensure attendees can discuss their topics of interest during the BP meetings.
What Past Meeting Attendees have said
- "Excellent Meeting, the meeting is very unique with unbelievable learning opportunities!"
- "Fantastic meeting, one of a kind!"
- “A great way to get to know your peers, and develop professional relationships!”